What are the boundaries of the Southern Highlands Community?

Generally, the Southern Highlands Community is bordered by Interstate 15 on the East, Cactus on the North, Jones on the West, and St. Rose Parkway on the South. However, there are parcels of land and certain areas within those boundaries that are not considered part of the Southern Highlands Community. These parcels are commonly referred to as “Out Parcels.” For a detailed view, please refer to the Community Map.

Back to Top ^

Why do I pay assessments to the Southern Highlands Community Association?

All Owners are required to pay assessments to fund the maintenance and upkeep of the parks and other landscaped areas, as well as the roving courtesy patrol. Assessments are also utilized for the operation of the Association business, which includes insurance, utilities, and management and accounting staff. A portion of each month’s assessments may also be utilized to fund a reserve account, which allows the Association the opportunity to raise funds for future repairs.

In the fall, the Board of Directors prepares an annual budget that anticipates expenses for the next fiscal year. Then, the expenses are divided by the number of mapped units within Southern Highlands. The resulting figure represents each Owner’s annual assessment obligation, which is billed in equal monthly installments. An approved budget is circulated in November for ratification. Any modifications or adjustments take effect on the first of January, unless special circumstances dictate otherwise.

Back to Top ^

Why are there parts of Southern Highlands that that have not been developed?

Although some land appears to fall within the Southern Highlands boundary, it may be recognized as an “Out Parcel,” which is defined above. If an Out Parcel was not contemplated as part of the original development agreement with Clark County, then the Declarant was not responsible for overseeing the development of that land and the respective landowner is not subject to the restrictions contained within the Southern Highlands CC&R’s.

Back to Top ^

Who are the Association’s Vendors?

Southern Highlands Community Association contracts with many service vendors who handle everything from wall repair and weed removal to account management and major construction. The three most visible vendors are the management company (Olympia Management Services), the general landscape company (Par 3), and the security provider (Securitas).

Olympia Management Services has over 20 people on staff to attend to the daily needs of the Association. Employees are designated for customer service, compliance and enforcement, maintenance and repairs, event coordination, reception, accounts payable, accounts receivable, data management, escrow and title demands, paralegal services, inspection, and general management.

Par 3 Landscape & Maintenance maintains the landscaping in the common areas and parks throughout Southern Highlands. If you would like to report an irrigation leak or have any questions or comments regarding other landscaping issues, please feel free to e-mail us at: events@olympiacompanies.com

Securitas provides a courtesy patrol of the community’s common areas and parks. Securitas patrols the Association from security trucks or bicycles. Security will respond to the outside area of a disturbance upon report of an audible alarm at a commercial center or residence, but will not enter or secure the property of any owner, resident, or tenant. In the event of an emergency, Owners must first call 911. To report a non-emergency parking or security related issue, please contact Southern Highlands Security Dispatch at (702) 614-1006.

There are many other vendors that are involved in your community. If you have questions, comments or concerns pertaining to any vendors, or would like to become a vendor for the community, please e-mail us at: SHCA@olympiacompanies.com.

Back to Top ^



How do I add a contact to my account?

If you would like a property manager, family member, attorney, or real estate agent to have the ability to access and discuss your account with the management team, the Association requires certain documentation. Strict precautions are followed to protect the privacy of the Owners and their information. The management team requires written, signed authorization from the Owner of Record before any information can be provided to of a non-owner. Please contact the management office when you need to authorize another individual on your account. Visit the MY ACCOUNT page on this site.

Back to Top ^

How do I change my mailing or contact address?

Any changes to an Owner’s contact information must be requested in person or through an Owner Information Form that is signed by the Owner of Record. To protect the privacy of the Owner’s information, the Association will not change account information over the phone or via e-mail request. The form must accompany any request. Once completed, the form may be hand-delivered, mailed to the Association at 11411 Southern Highlands Parkway, Suite 100, Las Vegas, Nevada 89141 or scanned and emailed to SHCA@olympiacompanies.com. Forms will not be accepted if (1) the Owner of Record has not signed the document, (2) the unit address is not listed, or (3) other required fields are not complete. It is advisable that an e-mail address be included with the request even when mailed or hand delivered.

Owner Information Forms are not processed through the Association’s lock box account or with any other form of payment. Please do not include these forms with your monthly payment (assessment or compliance) even if you are mailing directly to the Association’s office. Payments are processed by a different department, and the management team cannot guarantee that the account change requests will be addressed in a timely manner.

Back to Top ^

Why do I need an account number?

The Association makes every effort to handle the Owners’ information electronically. Therefore, the team utilizes a database that is based on the assignment of a numeric account number. In order to keep accounts separate, different account numbers are given for assessment obligations and compliance obligations. Because homes transfer between owners, as some unrelated individuals have the same name, or family members with the same name move into the Community and as we all strive to protect information, the use of account numbers becomes ever more desirable. The customer service team is always available to assist in locating information through property address or last name, but account numbers prove to be the fastest, safest way to protect account information.

Back to Top ^

What is my Account number / where do I find it?

A single owner may have multiple account numbers based on differing account types (assessment, compliance, abatement, etc.). The database used by the Association stores an Owner’s account information by type and assigns a different number to each account type. The account number can generally be found on one’s statement. Individual statements are sent for each account type, which allows you to properly match account numbers to type. If you do not see your account number, then you can visit the Association offices or go to MY ACCOUNT.

Back to Top ^

Should I put my Account number on my payment?

Yes. The Association makes every effort to properly post payments to the account intended by the Owner. However, it can get confusing when Owners have multiple account types at one address or when Owners have more than one property. There are no duplicate account numbers and therefore, if the account number is noted on the payment, the Association can be certain of your intention when a payment is received. If the account team cannot determine one’s intent when a payment is received, then the payment will generally be posted to assessment obligations first. However, unclear information may also result in the accounting team returning the check to the owner. In those instances, fees for late payment may be assessed.

Back to Top ^

I can’t make it to your office during working hours. Do you have a drop-box?

The management company has provided a drop box for the convenience of residents needing to deliver paperwork or information after regular working hours. Generally, the box is checked in the morning of each regular business day. However, the box is not insured by the USPS and neither the Association nor the management company can guarantee the safety of the information contained in the box prior to pick-up. Owners wishing to ensure the safety of the information are advised to use the USPS for delivery.

Individuals using the drop box are strongly encouraged to place all information in an envelope and to identify the relevant unit address and owner name on the outside of the envelope. Loose papers can be easily mixed with paperwork from other Owners using the drop box. Correspondence, account payments, architectural application, and other forms are accepted through the drop box.

Back to Top ^

How do I know my account balance?

An Owner can obtain an account balance by reviewing a monthly account statement, utilizing the Southern Highlands website at MY ACCOUNT, or meeting with a customer service representative at the management office.

Account statements are mailed monthly and generally reflect payment activity through the 20th day of the preceding month along with any payment obligations coming due on the first day of the active month. The Association cannot guarantee that payments received after the 20th day of the month will be posted to an Owner’s account prior to printing and processing of the statements.

LATE FEES ARE POSTED ON THE 30TH OF EACH MONTH. (February fees are posted on the 28th.)

Back to Top ^

How can I Pay My Assessments?

The Association accepts assessment payment through three methods: (descriptions are outlined below)

Payments are accepted at the Association’s Lock Box:

Southern Highlands (SH)

c/o Olympia Management Services Processing Center

P.O. Box 97793

Las Vegas, NV 89193-7793

LATE FEES ARE POSTED ON THE 30TH OF EACH MONTH. (February fees are posted on the 28th.)

Pay by (ACH) -Automatic Clearing House

Owners can forego the hassle of mailing a monthly assessment payment when they use ACH. The money is automatically debited from one’s selected bank account. The Automated Clearing House is an electronic network for financial transactions used throughout the United States. It is a direct debit transfer from your account to meet the monthly assessment obligations of an authorized creditor such as the Association. The process is widely used by homeowners throughout the United States to pay insurance premiums and mortgage obligations. There are strict rules and regulations set forth by the National Automated Clearing House Association and the Federal Reserve that ensure the safety and accuracy of automatic debits.

It is a great way to ensure that your Association payments are posted on time. Owners must sign an authorization form to begin use of the Automated Clearing House. Please use the Authorization for Automatic Clearing House (ACH) Payments form. Owners wishing to utilize the service will need to return the form with a cancelled check. Once the transaction is approved, then a confirmation letter will be sent with a commencement date for future withdrawals.

ACH is a clearing house that is exclusive to banking institutions in the United States and foreign accounts cannot be used for automatic debits at this time.

Pay through Bill Pay

Owners can send payments to the Association’s lock box directly through online banking. Owners wishing to use the service must set up the transaction through their individual bank. There are no authorization forms needed by the Association. An Owner is obligated to supply the banking directives such as mailing address, account number, and balance due.

Thereafter, the bank is authorized to produce and mail a check directly to the Association for any amount authorized by the Owner. Bill pay can be set to make regular, recurring payments or Owners can elect to manually enter each transaction on a monthly basis.

Bill pay reduces the hassle of hand-writing checks and paying for postage. However, Owners must consider the time required by their bank to produce and mail the check. While the funds may be deducted from an account on the day the directive is given, it may take a few days to provide and mail the check. Then, the Association may not receive the payment for several days. Generally, it takes three days from mailing to receive the payment at the Association’s lock box. Regardless of when the check was produced and sent, payments are not posted to an Owner’s account until they are received.

Owners are strongly encouraged to address the Association’s lock box and not as the address of the management office. While payments can be posted at the office, the processing time may be 4-5 days longer than posting through the automated lock box system. It is the responsibility of the Owner to communicate any mailing, address, or balance changes to the banking institution.

Please be sure to set up the payment date early enough to accommodate the time it takes to have the payment posted.

LATE FEES ARE POSTED ON THE 30TH OF EACH MONTH. (February fees are posted on the 28th.)

• Why do I get a statement if I use ACH, pre-pay my assessments, or otherwise have a credit or $0 balance?

The Association mails monthly assessment account statements to Owners without a balance due for a variety of reasons. Even when an account has a zero balance, a statement is mailed for record keeping purposes. Many owners specifically request the confirming notice that ACH is working properly or that pre-payments are being debited properly. Additionally, the Association occasionally uses the monthly assessment statements as a means to provide valuable information to all Owners without creating another piece of mail and/or increasing postage costs. Thus, a statement is run for all Owners and then the information can be inserted accordingly.

Back to Top ^

Why did my monthly statements change?

Assessment Statements:  The Association mails monthly assessment statements to each Owner. Statements only reflect the amounts owning to the Association; however, if the account has been forwarded to a collection company to be liened, the statements received thereafter will have a statement which reflects the same. Once an account is forwarded to another company to be liened, additional fees will be billed directly to you by the liening party. If you are concerned about your balance, please see MY ACCOUNT.

Compliance Statements:  The Association only mails monthly compliance statements to those Owners with an outstanding compliance balance. If you previously received compliance statements and they have ceased, then it is possible that the balance has been paid in full or is resolved. However, Owners are strongly encouraged to check their account balances only at MY ACCOUNT. Failure to receive a statement is not valid proof that the balance has been paid.

Back to Top ^



How does the Compliance process work?

Living in a common-interest community requires that all Owners abide by certain Covenants and Conditions that were recorded against the Southern Highlands properties prior to any single family residential purchase. Although the Board of Directors is trusted with the duty to enforce the Covenants and Conditions, which are further detailed in the Rules and Regulations, they cannot do the work alone. Therefore, the process is broken up into four distinct parts:

  1. Inspection and/or Reporting: The Board of Directors has worked with the management team to employ a full time inspector. The Inspector takes time to drive the entire property at least once a month to observe the condition and appearance of each single family residence from a vehicle. The Inspector does not enter any yard or walk on any private property. A report is generated from the inspection, and Courtesy Letters are sent to the Owner(s). Courtesy letters may also be generated based on an individual report made to the management office by another Association member. Owners are permitted to phone the office with information regarding a possible violation at a residence.
  2. Communication: Once a compliance issue has been noted in the Association’s database and a file is created, a Courtesy Letter is sent. This letter commences the communication phase of the compliance process. If sufficient corrective action is not taken after the Courtesy Letter is sent and the Inspector does not observe a positive change of condition at the property, a Hearing Notice is sent. The Hearing Notice includes an invitation for the Owner to meet with the Compliance Committee.
  3. Compliance Hearing: If the Association takes steps to schedule a formal hearing on a violation, the Inspector will be sent to the residence to photograph the alleged violation just prior to the hearing. A hearing is then held on a specific date and time before the Compliance Committee. At the hearing, the Committee reviews the file, views the photographs taken of the residence, speaks with the Owner(s) – if present – and votes on whether or no to institute a single or recurring fine against the Owner. Thereafter, a Hearing Response Letter is sent to the Owner.
  4. Board Appeal: If an Owner receives a Hearing Response Letter and disagrees with the decision of the Compliance Committee, they are given the right to appeal the matter to the Board of Directors by submitting a completed Board Appeal Form. The Board will hear any Owner wishing to schedule an appeal one time. Therefore, Owners are strongly encouraged to correct any outstanding compliance matters prior to appearing before the Board. It is the position of the Board that compliance is the primary objective and fines can be negotiated when Owners respond quickly and resolve issues.

Back to Top ^

What is a Courtesy Letter and do I need to respond?

A Courtesy letter is a quick notice from the Association informing the Owner that there may be a compliance matter concerning the property. The Association comes with certain Rules and Regulations that are adopted and enforced to help the upkeep and appearance of the Community as a whole. Oftentimes, it is difficult for the Inspector or neighbors to determine if an issue is really a violation of the Rules and Regulations or simply a temporary matter that is being handled by the Owner. The letter provides an opportunity to work with the management team to get issues resolved.

If a Courtesy Letter is received, the Owner is strongly encouraged to phone the office for further information. If the photograph on the Courtesy Letter depicts an issue that can be easily resolved, the Board asks that the Owner follow the corrective directions included in the Courtesy Letter prior to phoning the office. Owners are welcome to photograph the property after the issue is corrected and to forward the photo on to the customer service staff at the management office. Photos can be uploaded and linked to an Owner’s file.

Back to Top ^

What is a Hearing Notice?

A Hearing Notice is the Association’s second attempt to inform an Owner that there may be a compliance issue concerning the property. As the file has been open with the Association for an extended period of time, the Board of Directors uses the Hearing Notice to formally invite the Owner to meet with the Compliance Committee and address the matter. The Compliance Committee is vested with the authority to levy fines for failure to correct the issue. Any Owner receiving a Hearing Notice is strongly encouraged to attend the Hearing. The Compliance Committee truly wishes to work with Owners to resolve problems. Fines are only levied against a property as a last resort.

Back to Top ^

Who serves on the Compliance Committee?

The Compliance Committee consist of 3 to 7 Owners who do not serve on the Board of Directors. When possible, a member of the Board of Directors also attends the hearings. It is an entirely volunteer committee, and they donate their time to work directly with Owners to resolve problems. The Committee was established by the Board to act as an independent body of neighbors who make decisions on whether or not an issue that exists on a property is worthy of corrective action, and then whether or not a fine or other sanction is appropriate. If a member of the Board of Directors is present at the hearing, they do not vote on the outcome.

Back to Top ^

Can I join the Compliance Committee?

The Board of Directors is always looking for individuals willing to participate in the oversight and governance of the Community. If you or someone you know is willing to volunteer time to the Southern Highlands Community, please contact the management offices at (702) 361-6640. Owners are always encouraged to become active members of the Community.

Back to Top ^

When does the Compliance Committee meet?

The Compliance Committee meets twice a month to review outstanding compliance matters prior to an initial fine. Generally, one meeting is held on Tuesday morning and the other is held on Wednesday evening in order to accommodate varying work and family schedules. If a hearing is scheduled at a time that an Owner is unavailable, it is best to call the management office to request an alternate date. While the management team will make every effort to accommodate specific schedules and requests, hearings cannot be seriously delayed. If an Owner cannot attend, then they are invited to submit a statement in writing.

Back to Top ^

Can I get fined for a violation?

Possibly. After the Association sends an Owner a Courtesy Letter and Hearing Letter and after the Compliance Committee has reviewed the matter at a Hearing, it is possible that a fine will be posted against the Owner’s account. The Compliance Committee follows the requirements of the Nevada Revised Statutes when imposing fines. Owners may receive an initial fine along with a 14 day grace period to cure the violation. Thereafter, continuing fines may be issued every seven days or portion thereof until the violation is corrected. The amount of the fine varies based on whether or not the problem poses a threat to the health and safety of the Community.

Back to Top ^

Can fines be reduced or removed?

Only the Board of Directors has the authority to reduce or eliminate fines. The management office does not have the authority to remove fines that have been posted to an account. If an Owner wants to seek a reduction of assessed fines, then the Owner must submit a completed Board Appeal Request form along with an offer of settlement. Thereafter, the Owner will be notified for the next available Board Appeal date. The scheduling of a Board Appeal does not guarantee the removal or reduction of fines. Owners are strongly encouraged to correct any outstanding issue or violation prior to appearing before the Board of Directors.

Back to Top ^

I received a Compliance Account Settlement Offer. What is it and what is the next step?

When a compliance issue has been corrected by the Owner and the balance on the account represents less than three months of posted fines, the Board of Directors routinely offers that Owner the opportunity to settle the account for less than the full balance. Receipt and acceptance of the settlement offer is an expedited way to move through the Board Appeal process. In addition, the settlement offer is a guaranteed way to reduce a compliance account balance. Scheduling and attending a Board Appeal does not provide the same guaranteed results. If an Owner wishes to accept the offer, payment may be sent directly to the management office with reference to the compliance account number. If the Owner wishes instead to file for a Board Appeal, then a completed form must be delivered to the management office.

Back to Top ^

How do I report a compliance issue?

Owners who observe a potential violation of the Covenants or Rules may report the observation directly to the management office by phoning a customer service representative at 702.361.6640 or by sending an e-mail to SHCA@olympiacompanies.com. However, it is important to note that privacy protections prevent the management team from providing any detail back to the reporting Owner on the progress of the compliance process. In turn, the management team will not provide information regarding the person reporting a violation on a property to the property Owner. The management office will accept anonymous complaints as well, which will be verified by the Inspector before action is taken. If a complaint includes the reporting Owner’s information, the complaint will be filed in the reporting Owner’s file.

Back to Top ^



What are the Rules or Covenants?

The Covenants and Rules that govern life in Southern Highlands are set forth in the recorded Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions as well as the Rules and Regulations. Owners may order a complete copy of either document on this site. A general overview of the most common Covenants or Rules is set forth on the Community Page, refer to Highlights of the Association’s Covenants and Restrictions. Additionally, information is provided below on some of the most frequently asked questions regarding common compliance matters.

Back to Top ^

What is wall leaching?

Basically, wall leaching is the end product of excess water. The term “wall leaching” refers to a white, powdery residue or stain found on brick or masonry walls. It is crystalline salt deposit that generally appears from excessive moisture on the back side of the block. Once the moisture seeps through the block and evaporates, the efflorescence (salt deposit) is visible on the surface. The stains are visually unappealing and should be cleaned quickly. The stain occurs because there is excess water coming through the block, which should be waterproofed.

If the Inspector observes visible leaching on a wall or other masonry structure, a Courtesy Letter will be sent to the Owner believed to be responsible for the excess water. Often times, a Courtesy Letter is sent to the Owner of the property on the opposite side of the wall/block, because the moisture is generally coming from the back side of the visible stain.

Possible solutions for cleaning the wall can be found by searching on the internet, phoning a professional, or visiting an expert at the local hardware store. After the residue is removed, an Owner should speak with a professional landscaper or masonry company about preventing the issue in the future. There are a number of possible solutions including, but not limited to, waterproofing the block that abuts the Owner’s landscape.

If you receive a Courtesy Letter along with a picture that you cannot identify, please contact the management office for clarification.

Back to Top ^

How do I clean an oil stain?

Oils stains can be particularly difficult to remove when they have soaked into a concrete driveway or sidewalk for a long period of time. If an Owner notices fresh oil on a driveway, it is best to remove it quickly. Generally, if oil is removed within a few days, it should disappear easily with a specialty cleaner and a little work. However, removal can be extremely difficult if the oil has been allowed to set or if it has baked under the heat of the Las Vegas sun.

Owners may be able to find helpful remedies by a targeted search of the internet or a quick trip to the local hardware supply store. Additionally, there are professionals that can be found under “Concrete Cleaning” in the yellow pages. Sometimes, certain chemical cleaning products have proven effective when used by the Owners as a do-it-yourself project. However, Owners are strongly encouraged to speak with a store clerk or professional prior to use. The Association cannot provide a preferred vendor list or recommend specific products.

Back to Top ^

How do I report a noise complaint?

Southern Highlands offers a 24 hour roving patrol along with a 24 hour dispatch center. Owners may report a noise disturbance to Dispatch at 702.614.1006. After the Dispatch officer takes a report, a roving patrol officer will be dispatched to the address to verify the disturbance. A report will be taken and a Courtesy Letter may be sent to the Owner if the noise is verified. If intermittent and disturbing noise becomes a serious problem, Owners are encouraged to call the police or animal control depending on the nature of the problem. If the disturbance indicates a serious threat to the health or safety of an individual, Owners are instructed to phone 911 immediately.

Back to Top ^

Where can I park my car?

The restrictions on parking within Southern Highlands vary. Some Owners may live within a neighborhood specific sub-association that sets forth more stringent regulations for parking. Owners are always encouraged to consult with the sub-association’s management office prior to parking on streets, roadways, or drives. Also, Southern Highlands has divided the Community into four distinct parking zones (A, B, C, & D). The rules vary based on the assigned Zone. However, parking of vehicles in a garage or completely on a privately owned driveway is always permitted. On-street parking for both Owners and Guests is regulated by Zone.

The restrictions for each Zone are set forth in Section 4 of the Rules & Regulations. A listing of each Community by Zone is also available. Refer to the Parking Zone Matrix on this site.

Back to Top ^

What color can I paint the exterior of my house?

The Southern Highlands Community Association Board of Directors approved a Paint Palette of pre-selected colors for the exterior of residences. The palette features 25 color schemes for homeowners to choose from. You can view the full palette on the Dunn Edwards website.

From the website, you can order color chips and download a PDF copy of the color schemes to print out. The PDF shows a scheme’s color chips with their names and code numbers, nearby Dunn Edwards store locations, and an account number that entitles the user to a savings discount. The discount code is good for up to 37% off list price on Dunn-Edwards manufactured paint products when presented at valid Dunn-Edwards paint stores.

Any changes from your original color scheme on the exterior of your residence must first be approved by the Association. Any future deviations from the pre-selected color schemes will not be permitted. If your property is also part of a sub-association, please contact the sub-association directly to inquire about any specific paint schemes required by that sub-association.

Back to Top ^



Can I have a garage sale?

Garage/yard sales are permitted in the Southern Highlands Community, with certain restrictions. No signage is permitted in public or common areas, on street signs, medians, walls or gates anywhere within the community. Signs may be posted on private property or outside the boundaries of the Association. Southern Highlands has approved garage sale signs available for rent. Please contact the Association office for information. Sub associations may have restrictions on such sales and the management company should be contacted to determine their regulations. Some communities hold community-wide sales in which all residents may participate.

Back to Top ^

My home is for sale, I have some questions:

  1. How do I get an approved “For Sale” sign? Pre-approved “For Sale” signs are allowed in most communities in Southern Highlands. The sign must be of a specific color and meet certain requirements. The regulation was adopted to minimize the impact of signage on the neighborhood. While the Association has provided the specifications to certain vendors (preferred vendors), the Association does not receive any revenue from the sale of the signs. The approved signs may be ordered from: Las Vegas Flag & Sign at (702)798-6030.
  2. Can I have an Open House? Yes. Owners wishing to sell a home are welcome to host an Open House at the residence. Owners are allowed to post one (1) sign in the front yard of the home. Signs may not be posted on any common area, including walls, monuments, landscape strips, roadways, or medians.
  3. What do I need to know before I sell my home? It is always best to consult a real estate professional when preparing to sell a home. It is important to remember that homes located within Southern Highlands come with certain restrictions, rules, and regulations outlined in the Governing Documents. An Owner is advised to provide the Governing Documents to any prospective buyer. Additionally, sellers are encouraged to research the outstanding balance on any account related to the property by logging onto MY ACCOUNT.
  4. How do I order a copy of the Governing Documents? Please contact the Association Office to order documents. Owners may also submit the Document Request Form.

Back to Top ^

Who do I call if I have pigeons?

There are a number of professional companies that offer pigeon removal services. Owners are encouraged to conduct a search of the internet or yellow pages to find a vendor that best suits their needs. The Association does not provide a preferred vendor list.

Owners are encouraged to make a search of the property to locate, if possible, the source of the pigeon attraction. Certain food and water conditions are known to attract pigeons. When searching a property, it is best to look for (1) open garbage containers, (2) pet food left outdoors, (3) a bird bath with shallow water, or (4) newly spread seeds in a lawn or garden. While pigeons may congregate without an attraction, it is best to start by removing the known culprits.

If pigeons have begun to nest on the roof of a home, it is time to call the experts. Pigeons can be difficult to remove once they’ve made your home their home.

Back to Top ^

What do I do if I see pigeons nesting at another home?

When possible and appropriate, Owners are encouraged to reach out to neighbors about such observations. If there are visible signs of pigeon waste or other disrepair issues, Owners may make a complaint to the Association. For instruction on filing a complaint, please visit the Contact Us page.

Currently, there is no state or local agency that monitors or polices pigeon control. Clark County has approved an ordinance prohibiting the feeding of pigeons belonging to the species Columba Livia, also known as City Pigeons, Rock Doves, Rock Pigeons or Flying Rats. If you notice any activities of concern in your neighborhood, you may wish to contact Clark County Animal Control.

Back to Top ^



How do I reserve a park for a party or event?

Reserving a park is quite simple. Complete the online reservation request form . A flat rate may be charged to cover the cost of utilities, landscape, security, and administrative services.

You will be notified once your event is approved. The Association cannot guarantee exclusive use of any park. The Association always reserves the right to request additional documentation or insurance certifications based on the specifics of the proposed event. Certain activities and materials are always prohibited in parks, such as overnight camping, firearms, weapons, ATV’s and fireworks.

Inflatable equipment, such as a bounce house or slide is permitted with a proper certificate of insurance listing Southern Highlands Community Association and Olympia Management Services as additionally insured. Contact our office at (702) 361-6640 or SHCA@olympiacompanies.com to properly plan and organize your event.

Back to Top ^

Why do I need to make a reservation for a park?

Although the Association cannot guarantee exclusive use of any park, individuals wishing to hold an event at a park should make a reservation. This allows the management staff to notify security that private items such as tables, decorations, or other amenities may be moved into the park. Additionally, the management team notifies the Association’s landscape crews of upcoming events to ensure that the area is maintained and watering is adjusted accordingly. Arrangements can be made to provide electricity and water access in certain parks.

Individuals need prior approval before the Association will permit any type of amusement services or equipment, such as inflatable bounce houses, entertainers, and/or music. These items require proper insurance certificates listing Southern Highlands Community Association and its affiliates and agents as additionally insured. Please contact our office at events@olympiacompanies.com or at (702) 361-6640 for a detailed list of insurance requirements and more information.

Back to Top ^

Can a business or non-resident utilize the parks?

Yes. Use of the grass areas in the Southern Highlands community parks are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and are not available for reservation. Requests for park special events must be submitted for Board approval by filling out the Park Special Event Application Form. If your request is approved, secondary information may be required (insurance, site plan, security plan, permits, etc.) as well as payment (utility fees and a security deposit). At the completion of the event, the parties are required to phone the Securitas Security Dispatch Center at (702) 614-006

Extra documentation for the event may be requested as well. Please contact our office at events@olympiacompanies.com or (702) 361-6640 for more information.

Back to Top ^

Can I volunteer for events?

Yes! We love it when members of the community participate in our events. Please contact our office at events@olympiacompanies.com for more information about upcoming events and volunteer opportunities.

Back to Top ^

Are there any opportunities to sponsor or donate to an event?

Yes, we have many events throughout the year where we partner with Olympia Companies Charitable Foundation to raise money for local Las Vegas charities. We welcome donations and have various sponsorship opportunities available at these charitable community events. Please contact our office at events@olympiacompanies.com or (702) 361-6640 for more information about donation and sponsorship.

Back to Top ^



Why do I need to submit an Architectural Review Application?

The Southern Highlands Community was constructed with a balanced Tuscany style theme in mind. It is the responsibility of the Association’s Board to ensure that the appearance of the Community and the underlying themes are preserved. Therefore, any exterior change or improvement to a property or residence requires architectural review.

Review and approval are required for changes to exterior paint color, light fixtures, conversion from turf to desert xeriscape, new shrubs, new trees, additions, gazebos, etc. For comprehensive information about the architectural process, refer to the Southern Highlands Design Manual. Digital copies can be located online through your account portal. Homeowners can reset their p password by clicking MY ACCOUNT at the top of this webpage and then the ‘Forgot Password?’ link on the left side of the page. Your account number and email will be required. If you do not have a password, please contact the Association’s management office by chat (available through this website), emailing shca@olympiacompanies.com, or calling 702-361-6640.

Back to Top ^

How do I get an Architectural Review Application?

You can download the Architectural Review Application.

Back to Top ^

What do I need to include with my Architectural Review Application?

A checklist is included in the Application that details the requirements for a complete submittal. Below is a list of commonly missed items and tips for a complete submittal:

  • Missing Signatures: Thoroughly review your packet prior to submittal to make sure that signatures have been placed in all the required locations.
  • Missing Photographs: If the work was previously undertaken without Association approval, provide color photographs of the current conditions . Also, if you are converting a front yard from grass to desert landscaping, color photos are required.
  • Missing Plant Names and Sizes: All plans must include the names and originally planting and size (gallon or box) of any plants, trees, or ground cover proposed in the application.
  • Missing Dimensions: All plans must include dimensions (measurements) showing the distance between structures, trees, shrubs, and walls. Actual dimensions must be noted. The Association will not accept a statement indicating that “installation will comply with Southern Highlands Design Manual.”
  • Design Review Fee: If paying the required design fee by check or money order, make sure it is made payable to Southern Highlands Community Association or SHCA. Checks or money orders made to Olympia Management will not be accepted.

Back to Top ^

How do I get a copy of the Design Manual?

The Southern Highlands Homeowner Design Manual is available in the documents section of your online account portal. You can access your online account by clicking MY ACCOUNT at the top of this webpage.

Back to Top ^

The prior owner installed a [fill in the blank] and now I received a Courtesy Notice. I bought my home this way. Why do I need to submit an Architectural Application now?

Although it can seem frustrating to receive a Courtesy Notice about a pre-existing condition, it is in the best interest of the current Owner to make sure that the Association has all necessary paperwork on file. Having these historical documents is a vital step to a smooth resale transaction if a current Owner wishes to sell the residence. The management team understands that it is difficult to complete paperwork about an old landscape, pool, or other installation after the fact, but it truly serves to protect the Community and the Association.

The Association does its best to inspect all properties prior to a sale, identify the missing approvals and provide notice to the Seller.  This helps to limit architectural letters after the fact. It is the intent of the Management Company to work with current Owners to get these matters resolved. If you have received a letter or have a question, please contact the Association’s management office by chat (available through this website), emailing shca@olympiacompanies.com, or calling 702-361-6640.

Back to Top ^

My architectural submittal was denied. What do I need to do now?

The letter issued by the Association generally includes the reason for the denial within the body of the letter. Once an Owner has reviewed the listed reasons, they can respond directly to the Association in writing to designreview@olympiacompanies.com. Failure to respond to a denial letter may result in a violation and subsequent fines.

If more than six months has passed since an application was denied, you will need to submit a new application and pay the current review fee before written approval can be granted for a project. If there are any questions regarding the architectural process, please contact the Assocation’s management office by chat (available through this website), emailing designreview@olympiacompanies.com, or calling 702-361-6640.

Back to Top ^

Can I have [fill in the blank] submit the application on my behalf?

Yes. Anyone can submit the application on behalf of the Owner;, however only the Owner of Record or an authorized party can sign the application. If an Owner would like to provide written authorization to a third party to handle the matter on their behalf, the Association will accommodate that request to the best of its ability. It is important to ensure that the authorization is signed by the Owner of Record as listed on the Clark County Assessor’s web page. The written authorization must be specific to the particular issue and must expressly give the management staff the authority to speak with the third party about the project. Discussion regarding other account matters will not be discussed with that person(s) unless the written authorization includes additional authority to discuss account balances and other matters.

Back to Top ^


What color can I paint the exterior of my house?

The Southern Highlands Community Association Board of Directors approved a Paint Palette of pre-selected colors for the exterior of residences. The palette features 25 color schemes for homeowners to choose from. You can view the full palette on the Dunn Edwards website.

From the website, you can order color chips and download a PDF copy of the color schemes to print out. The PDF shows a scheme’s color chips with their names and code numbers, nearby Dunn Edwards store locations, and an account number that entitles the user to a savings discount. The discount code is good for up to 37% off list price on Dunn-Edwards manufactured paint products when presented at valid Dunn-Edwards paint stores.

Any changes from your original color scheme on the exterior of your residence must first be approved by the Association. Any future deviations from the pre-selected color schemes will not be permitted. If your property is also part of a sub-association, please contact the sub-association directly to inquire about any specific paint schemes required by that sub-association.

Back to Top ^



How do I request a copy of the certain documents?

Any document can be purchased at the management office or by clicking here. The cost and nature of the request will vary depending on your needs. If documents are being requested as part of a Resale Packet, then there is a complete package that may be purchased, which contains all documents required by law. However, if an Owner only needs a few documents for personal or other use, then the Document Request Form will provide the necessary options for purchase of documents. You can use the Document Request form to request individual copies of the CC&Rs, Rules and Regulations, or the Architectural Design Manual. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the management office at (702) 361-6640 and ask to speak to a customer service representative.

Back to Top ^

What is a Document Request Form?

The Document Request Form allows Owners to purchase documents one at a time. The cost of each document varies on the size of the document and method of delivery. Please contact Pati Lira at (702) 361-6640 for additional information and fees.

Back to Top ^

What is a Resale Packet?

Nevada statutes require that a Seller provide a potential or future Buyer with a copy of an association’s relevant and recorded documents prior to completion of a sale transaction. Documents included in the packet are:

Please note: homes located within sub associations will require the purchase of a resale packet for both the Southern Highlands Community Association and the respective sub associations. Please refer to the Sub-Association list to identify the management company responsible for a particular sub-association.

Please contact Pati Lira at (702) 361-6640 for additional information and fees.

Back to Top ^



How do I place an ad on the website or newsletter?

Contact the Association office for information regarding advertising opportunities.

Back to Top ^

How do I get the community newsletter?

The Village Piper is now sent to the residents and/or Owners via email or it can be viewed from this site by clicking here. Send the Association your email using the CONTACT US page, or by submitting the Owner Information Form.

Back to Top ^